At Delta, our constant objective is to provide Owners with safe, cost-efficient, and environmentally-sound services meeting agreed specifications for Quality Management, focusing on continuously minimizing process losses and downtime and achieving zero failure.
Operations supervision and monitoring
- Responsible for maintaining the company's safety standards on vessels, and for coordinating, assisting the Master on the implementation and maintenance of the company's Shipboard Safety and Environment Protection Management System.
- Day-to-Day monitoring of Ship Operations to ensure that they are executed in accordance with the "Safety Health Environment & Quality", our Policies and Best Industry Practices.
- Ensure vessel always meets Owners and Charterers' technical, operational, and commercial requirements for the trade
Safety standards & compliance
- Implementing Flag State and Classification requirements, monitoring and ensuring Inspections/Surveys are carried out in a timely manner.
- Ensure vessels are prepared for PSC inspections, monitor, and respond to PSC reports.
- Ensure vessels are provided crew as per the vessel and trade requirements.
- Train crew to permanently adhere to Safe working practices, & compliance with MARPOL & other statutory rules and regulations & provide adequate training tools.
- Perform role of CSO to ensure adequate security levels and interface is always maintained between ship and shore.
- Liaise with relevant authorities for Safety, Insurance and QMS matters including performance of QMS audits.
- Assist the Casualty Contingency team in case of an emergency.
- Implement corrective actions as and when necessary and control their effectiveness.
Budget, preventive maintenance & condition monitoring
- Establish an Annual Operational Budget and Master Plan and its monitoring throughout the year.
- Establish a Preventive Maintenance Plan and the execution of the maintenance activities when required.
- Implement corrective actions as and when necessary and verify their effectiveness.
- Responding to day to day un-planned maintenance requirements of the vessels.
- Conduct of dry-dockings and repairs whenever necessary.
- Introduce condition monitoring tools to achieve improved cost-efficiency.
Procurement & logistics
- Select suppliers for performance and cost-efficiency, review, and rate.
- Negotiate long-term pricing structures as well as spot supply pricing to achieve optimal cost savings.
- Order stores and spares and provide logistical support to the vessels.
- Prepare reports to owners, other external stakeholders as required and maintain pristine and transparent records.
- Offer Owners direct access to their Assets records, purchases and provide regularly relevant benchmark.
- Offer benefit of grouped purchasing to Owners.
- Recruit properly qualified personnel for service on board vessels and ensure that all officers are fully qualified for service on board, liaising with Owners, Flag Authorities and Crewing Agents for proper certification and documentation.
- Ensure travel arrangements for officers and crew joining or leaving the vessel coordinating with vessels Agents and Master to ensure that travel arrangements are done efficiently and economically.
- Ensure permanent training on board and onshore in a spirit of continuous improvement.
- Ensure Crew Health, Personal Safety and Welfare matters are handled promptly and with care.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Labour National and International regulations
- Responsible for placing the Hull/Machinery Insurance, P&I and FD&D Cover – in coordination with Owners - and for informing Master and other relevant authorities.
- Arrange when necessary attendance of Underwriter's survey if an incident or damage may result in a claim, i.e. pollution, cargo damage, contact with fixed or floating object, hull or machinery casualty, etc. and then inform, coordinate and report with various departments and Owners.
- Handle all correspondence and settle the claim with the Underwriters.
- Responsible for informing, coordinating and reporting to P&I Club, and Owners on P&I related incidents.